Thursday 2 June 2011

Budget Breaking

I put myself on a tight budget last year and I have to say I am very proud of myself. I've never been a good saver and it meant curbing two of my biggest addictions: shopping and eating out. Ok well every now and then I do buy things or go out for dinner but believe me its minuscule compared to before.

When starting my budget shopping and eating out were not the only things I reduced, another thing I stopped was my magazine subscription to VT Wonen (amongst others - only Martha Stewart Living made the cut). It's a Dutch interior design and style magazine which I absolutely LOVE. When I'm in the super market I make sure to walk past the magazine section as swiftly as possible to ensure I don't go weak at the knees when I see all the covers teasing at what's to be found inside.

Yesterday my college pulled out his copy of VT Wonen to show me something and I almost squealed. I asked if I could flick through it and he said why not sure borrow it for a few days and give it back once your done. Well as soon as I got on the bus to go home I ripped it open and poured over all the pretty images.

When I first starting buying this magazine I was so proud I was reading a Dutch magazine! Who was a kidding - all I wanted to do was look at the pictures!!

So it seems I have reignited my love for VT Wonen. Out of sight was kind of out of mind but now that I have seen it again, I don't know if I can miss it again. At the end of the day it's not even €6 a month! I'm sure that'll fit in the budget. Maybe I can skip a few coffees (oh but can I?) or text a little less; either way VT Wonen is here to stay.

Here some images for you kids, I'm off to read my magazine...









No comments:

Post a Comment